Welcomer - Greeter
in Gettysburg, PA
To insure that every guest feels welcome and glad they came to Friendly’s.
- Offer a sincere, personal welcome to every guest entering the restaurant.
- Smile and make eye contact.
- Anticipate the guest’s needs and react before they need to ask.
- Make each guest feel important and special, especially kids!
- Help the guest understand the Friendly’s experience – check if new or returning.
- Make the guest aware of specials or featured products.
- Maximize seating efficiency.
- Deliver rolled, clean silverware to each table.
- Wait until each guest is seated before presenting menus open to specials if any.
- Constantly inspect the dining room to insure tables to be seated are perfectly reset.
- Have impeccably neat uniforms, tables and welcome areas that are always set and ready to go
- Create an emotional attachment to our restaurant by helping our guests create great memories.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must participate in company orientation and training.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Food Service background / experience preferred.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended period of time.
- Must know safety information regarding all materials used within the scope of the work