General Manager In Training
in Danbury, CT
FRIENDLY’S is growing and expanding! In the past 2 years, we have implemented Drive thru, remodeled existing restaurants and opened new restaurants both Company and Franchise! We are excited for the growth opportunity ahead and for that reason we are seeking highly skilled Leaders who will join the team and help us grow.
THE GENERAL MANAGER IN TRAINING “GMIT” position is a step in your career path before taking full responsibility of your own Restaurant. Some of the roles and responsibilities for a GMIT are:
* Learning the fundamentals of our iconic brand and using them to immediately impact a restaurant under the mentorship of experienced Friendly’s Leaders.
* Managing daily restaurant operations with a focus on flawless execution, increasing profit and enhancing the guest experience.
* Attracting and retaining team members and management through engagement, training, coaching, development, proper staffing, and adherence to standards.
* Ensuring proper execution of all Friendly's food handling procedures and recipes.
* Revenue Control- reviewing P&L and action planning.
* Utilizing local store marketing opportunities to drive sales.
Friendly’s mission is to create great memories by bringing family and friends together. We are friendly, optimistic, fun and always act with integrity. We are poised for growth and we know that the best is yet to come for us. As an Employer of Choice, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
The health and well-being of our Management Members is a high priority at Friendly's. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and we believe these are key components of our Restaurant Managers' total rewards and employment experience.
* Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
* Free Ice Cream- half gallon to enjoy with your family weekly!
* Free Meals
* Discount Program
* Flexible Schedule
* Disability Programs- short term and long term
* Voluntary Benefits- Critical Illness Plan, Accident Plan and Pet Insurance
* Employee Assistance Programs
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Bonus Eligibility upon successful completion of training
- Experience: minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience. Must have a proven track record of achieving results and building successful teams.
- Ability to partner and build relationships while demonstrating leadership and integrity and promoting team success.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent